Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...oh my aching back!


















Got back yesterday from a 4 day visit with my family in Henderson Nevada (right next to Las Vegas) My sister and her family live about two miles away from my mom. Mom lives by herself in her own home AND... is still the matriarch of us all. Check her out. She is now 92 years old. That's right 92!!! and she looks like a well maintained 70. She is sharp as a tack, reads voraciously (she loves CIA and spy thrillers) and has a small book of maps of the world that she refers to to make sure she knows what she's talking about.

Anyway, to get back to my point. I love going there to visit and hate leaving, but always enjoy coming home. Right? Doesn't everybody? This time I hated leaving but was ecstatic to get home... JUST TO TAKE A REST! Without going into details, she had me workin' my fanny off for all four days. She is a woman that is full of love and accommodation, COOKS LIKE ONLY YOUR MOM CAN and KNOWS how to get things done. Check out the pic and you will see her DIRECTING as only she can. And keep in mind. She is 92 and kickin' hard! The pics were taken on her 90th Birthday Bash, but she doesn't look much different today.

My sister Denise looks pretty good too for .... She'd kill me if I posted her age. (Why are women so upset about there age anyway?) And I know she does even more things for mom than I do. Heck, she only lives only 2 miles from her and trust me. Mom runs her ragged too.
Damn, I love 'em both :o)
I would be unfair if I didn't mention my brother in law Bob. He is a Great guy and treats mom like a Queen. He is there for her whenever she needs anything and always with a smile.

1 comment:

  1. My Aunt Vinne is AMAZING. Ed and I visited last May. It was really important to me that Aunt Vinnie approved of the man I was going to marry. She loved him, he loved her and we had a wonderful time together. It's a memory I will always cherish.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't like what I write...too bad!